Wednesday, 21 November 2007

November

Aoife goes into hospital on Friday to have tubes put in her ears. It should ease the pain she's been in which will be good. Poor thing has had an ear infection for months now. It affects her balance too, which (although it shouldn't be) is hilarious to watch. She just sits there, then all of a sudden falls over backwards. Apart from that she's great. Loving being able to move around and chase Euey wherever he goes. Euey is not loving that so much. They do play together well most of the time though. Their favorite joint pastime is playing cars. Euey gets two or three cars, sits next to Aoife, hands her a car, says 'here Aoife' then they broom along together. They also love chasey (Aoife always does the chasing), and especially love when Daddy gets home. You've never seen such excitment. As soon as Euey hears the beep beep beep of the truck reversing he yells 'Daddy's back' and Aoife looks up. Then when the door opens they launch themselves at him. Euey gets there first of course, and Aoife is left crawling up screaming - not crying, just yelling 'ahhhhh' in excitment! It's an awesome sight.
I may get to witness it from the other side soon. Next Monday I start an internship. Full time work for 4 weeks. The kids will be in care from 8:15am 'til whenever Will finishes work in the arvo. I'm not looking forward to doing that to them. They're too young. But I have to do an internship before I apply for articles and this one was just too perfect to miss out on because it's in Employment law. I've just studied Employment law and loved it. In a way it seems to combine Contract law with elements of Tort law, both of which I enjoyed. I know I'll enjoy the work. I'll also enjoy some time away from the kids. But not that much time. That much time I will hate. I also probably won't have time to take photos, let alone post them, so enjoy ...

Adrian and Aoife (carked it)



Euey loves pretending to be a dog these days - it usually involves licking the floor.


Blowing bubbles.


I set him up with the easel and paint, turned my back to pick up Aoife and heard "painting Mummy". There was nothing at all on the paper, so I put the paper on his tummy to make a painting.

Spaghetti bolognaise super hero.

Never too early to start them on Maccas icecream cones on a 35+ day.



Waiting for the Xmas Parade.

This was the most random collection of things I have ever seen in my life. Between each float (which where toy themed; Thomas, Fifi, Monopoly, Care Bears etc) there were what I guess were community groups doing their thing. And man was their thing weird sometimes. There were people on stilts in weird-arse rubbery costumes that looked like a cross between a transformer and robot. There were amature belly dancers. They were very amature, very old, very fat and wearing traditional belly dancing costumes - if Euey hadn't been so stunned I'm sure he would have said his oft used sentence; 'that's ugly'.

Euey's viewing platform.

Aoife's viewing platform.

Cool.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome photos... love the painting and spag bol ones... hehehe... looks to me that both your kiddies are into body painting!

i see adrian is doing the movember thing too? or was that thing attached when he came back? how's it all going for him? any plans on the horizon for him staying?

didn't know a thing about your internship! congratulations... hopefully you'll have a chance to give me a little update on it all sometime!

love you and miss you (and waiting very patiently for will's "mo"tographs...