Chrissy. I love Christmas. Santa sacks, christmas trees (real ones of course, the fake ones don't have the smell), decorating the house, making shortbread, looking at everyone's Christmas lights ... I love it all. And I tell you what, it's ten times more fun when you have someone little and excitable to buy for! This year Euey was old enough to understand the nature of presents and new toys, old enough to be a little afraid of Santa but not quite old enough to get the Christmas Eve jitters. I was old enough to spend waaayy more money than necessary and not quite old enough to know when to stop - Willy had to remind me that if I didn't stop there would be nowhere to put all the stuff. Lucky he did cause the cupboard was about to explode.
As usual there are not nearly enough photos to record the day 'cause everyone with a camera was too busy opening pressies to take photos, but here are a few ...
As usual there are not nearly enough photos to record the day 'cause everyone with a camera was too busy opening pressies to take photos, but here are a few ...

The aftermath of Chrissy morning before we drove to Shepparton. Pressies, croissants, fruit salad and chocolate - just as Chrissy morning should be.

More pressies at Marjie's place.

Looking at the birds - more interesting than the pressies for the moment.
Murray doing his bit for capturing the moment.

Cousins. Second cousins. Whatever!
(Euey and my cousin Kel's daughter Anna)
Euey fell in love with Anna - or 'Nanna' as he calls her - over Christmas and Boxing Days. We stayed at Annabelle's and he just followed her everywhere. It is weeks later as I write this and Euey still asks for 'Nanna' at least once a day. I think I'll have to find more time for trips to Bendigo in the coming months!
1 comment:
that photo of euey and anna is sooo cute!!! i have a similiar one of one of pen's kids at your wedding... sitting on the edge of the bench... anyway... looks like chrissy was loads of fun. so completely different from ours which was free from children (unless of course you count my father who put a stamp in the middle of his forhead reminding us all of how not to act your age)... hmmm... next year will be different though!!
Post a Comment