Back, back. I hear this word constantly throughout my day. It is Euey's security blanket. When Will goes to work ... Bye bye Euey, I'm going to work, I'll be back. Back he says with a nod. When I drop him at childcare ... Bye bye Euey, you play with Neese (Denise) and I'll be back soon. Bye bye he says, then when I return Back, Mummy back. When he runs out of the room then back in ... Back! he shouts with a huge grin.
Well now I'm back, to let you know, I can really shake 'em down. So ... do you love me? do you love me? do you love me, nooooww that I caaan dance?
Sorry, got a little carried away. Feels like a long time since I saw Dirty Dancing but obviously not that long. It also feels like a long time since I've been able to relax with a couple of blogging hours ahead of me. Well, one at least, it is already 9 o'clock and lets face it, my brain doesn't work so well after that hour. Bad news for studying next semester, but I'll deal with that issue later.
So what's been going on in bubba land?
Euey now uses two word sentences and knows that Mummy's name is George and Daddy's is Will, both of which he pronounces perfectly. He calls Aoife Ee-da and refers to himself as Yu-da. For a while there it was Yo-da which of course had us in hysterics. Gen (my Mum) now has an 'n' rather than being 'Jeh', my brother Gus now has an 's' instead of being 'Guck' and my sister Charlie (who we call Chuck and Euey also called 'Guck') is now Ga-di. Mup is still Mup (my dad, Murray).
He is as clingy as hell at the moment (Euey, not Mup), which is cute and really irritating by the end of the day. He has also learnt what fear is. A couple of weeks ago he started running away from things shouting dead. He would also do things like push a teddy off the couch then say dead. I seriously thought I would have to stop him watching dodgy cartoons in the morning if he was learning to throw his teddies off cliffs. Then we figured out it was not dead but dared, meaning scared. Around the same time he started waking up in the middle of the night crying out for Dadda, asking for cuddles and saying dared. We had a couple of really crap weeks of broken nights before Will hit on a solution. Euey still takes a bottle of water to bed with him so Will always changes his nappy before we go to bed and he kind of wakes up while its happening. Will started talking to him about trains, butterflies, flying in rockets and whatever else he’s in love with at the time. Worked wonders. He’s had happy dreams ever since.
Aoife is amazing too. She giggles at so much these days and even anticipates things that will be funny. If you tickle her once, when you go in for the second tickle she starts laughing before you even touch her. At least 2 or 3 times a day she cacks herself at something Euey does. Her Mohawk has finally fallen over but it is so much longer than the rest of her hair that it either looks like a cocky’s crest or a comb over. Photos will follow. She's eating mush now and loves it so much that I have to make sure I give her milk first, or she'd just stuff herself full of food and not drink anything. She's also really enjoying toys these days. Everything in the mouth of course, it's the best way to explore. She can sit up for a few seconds (about 10) and loves being in her chair-table (North Americans call this thing a play centre but as of yet there seemsto be a lack of a commonly understood term here. It is a material seat set in the middle of a round table. The seat turns around by leg power and there are toys all around the table.)
Will is gearing up the business. He's employed a driver for two days, with a view to getting him up to 5 days. He's also bought a new truck and looks like he might be getting another couple of delivery areas. It's all go.
I've got about a month to go before I have to let go of my baby and my little man and head into the mad bad world of study. I really don't want to let go of the bubbas. I'm missing them already even though they drive me crazy by the end of the week. On the up side Denise (Euey's childcare Mum) has been hassling me to bring Aoife in early 'cause she wants her so much, so at least I know she'll be in loving arms while she's away from me. I feel a post brewing on Thoughts and Wonderings about the merits and heart aches of childcare and the suprise of how much I hate having to use it. I hate losing my babies. I would love to be a stay at home Mum til they go to school.
But that's for another day cause I've used all my awakeness and must go to bed.
It's good to be back.
No comments:
Post a Comment