Friday, 8 June 2007

Update

Hello. Euey is in childcare and Aoife is asleep in her bag at my feet. I very cleverly came to Mum's when she was due a nap so I could do a bit of 'surfing'! So, I will update you all briefly because everything is changing so fast I'm afraid I'll forget all the stories before we get our net up and running again. I'm afraid there'll be no pics this time though.

Aoife first.
She now grabs toys and pulls them to her mouth. She eats real food (if you call fruit-mush 'real food)' and will grab the spoon if you're not careful. She laughs when tickled and in anticipation of tickling and at anything that suprises her. She still goos and gahs a mile a minute and I'm sure she'll be speaking in a few weeks! :) I finally got her to drink from a bottle after a month of topping her up with formula by spoon cause my milk supply couldn't keep up with her. We have yet to land both kids on the grandparents but will post how that goes when we do it. What else? We don't wrap her anymore, she's moved into Euey's Elmo sleeping bag, and thanks to Spanna's advice I tuck it into the bottom of the cot to keep her little action legs still. She's got the Simson 'busy legs' syndrome poor thing.

Euey.
Today when I dropped him off at childcare he went straight to the door of the 'big' room (2-5s) which he's been visiting a lot lately in preparation for going up. When I said 'wrong way Euey' he looked so sad I asked him if he wanted to go in the 'big' room. 'YES!' was the emphatic answer. So Neese (Denise) took him next door and he was so excited he hardly remembered to say goodbye. I left feeling all proud of how big he was but of course a little 'damn he's growing up too fast' sad as well. However, a couple of hours later I got a call from Neese asking if she could give him more milk than I sent with him cause he was distraught. Apparently about an hour after he got there he looked up from his truck, couldn't see Neese and burst into tears ... 'Neese ... ka-dools ... Neese ... ka-dools'. Oh yeah, did I mention he learnt how to say 'cuddles?' She's such a softy, when they brought him in to her she cried at him crying! So I guess he's not that big after all!
There are other great words he's learnt ... log-oo (love you) is a favourite, ka-dools is damn cute and completely irrisitible - it gets him anything he wants and it took him about 5 mins to work that out. He now says ka-dools to avoid nappy change and to get picked up so he can look at something, but sometimes he just wants a cuddle and then he melts everyone around him.
He is mad keen on the Simpsons. It's on at 6 every night and as soon as he hears the music he stops everything else, yells 'Sisons' and jumps on the couch. A couple of nights ago we put him to bed at the usual time (7:30) then had the tv on in the background while we did other things. Neither of us were watching it, so when The Simpsons came on we didn't really notice until we heard ... patter patter patter ... Sisons!' There at the door was Euey in his jarmies with his bottle of water, his lizard (yes he takes a lizard to bed these days) and a huge grin. He had no idea he was doing anything wrong cause he is always allowed to watch The Simpsons. We let him watch 'til the first ad break then told him it was finished and took him back to bed. Little white lies are okay sometimes aren't they?

3 comments:

Bon said...

oh man, are they growing up fast!

ka-dools? i melt. i want kadools too.

thanks for filling us in.

Anonymous said...

me too!! i totally want kadools...

miss you guys!

Spanna said...

Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!! Hey take a photo of the gear I sent Euey for his birthday. Goodfather Dan missed out :(