When Aoife feeds she puts her fingers in my mouth. Always has, for as long as she has been able to reach. It's kind of odd, but I haven't been able to break her of the habit. That's not the weirdest bit though. For the past 3 nights the only way I have been able to get her to go to sleep is to sit beside her cot and allow her to put her fingers in my mouth. She does the same thing to her carers at childcare. They rock her to sleep with her fingers in their mouth. Odd. Very odd.
In other news, she's crawling now. Fast too. She chases after Euey giggling like a maniac and he loves it. He gets down on all fours and crawls away from her yelling 'Aoife's coming! Aoife get us! (Think he picked the 'us' up from me, I'm trying to teach him about singular and plural). She also says 'Dada'. Will swears it means Daddy, but considering she says it to Adrian (Will's mate staying with us) I sincerely hope it doesn't! In all honesty though, even though she says 'dada dada' all day, along with baba, gaga etc, as soon as Will walks in she always says 'dada' with a huge grin and crawls towards him. She has a much better grip on what Will does than Euey did. He wasn't used to Daddy leaving cause Will was studying and not working as much back then, and he used to cry and be totally confused when Will left. Aoife, on the other hand, just takes it in her stride and starts waving as soon as she hears the words 'bye bye'. She's just started waving to 'hi' or 'hello' in the last few days as well.
Euey is talking in full sentences now. Yesterday morning he woke up and came out to the living room where I was giving Aoife brekkie. He gave me the filthiest look and, considering he'd just gotten out of bed, I had no idea what I'd done. Until he said 'Where my weet-bix Mummy?'.
He got such a good reaction that 'where ...? has become his favourite question. At least it's easier to answer than 'why ...?' - unless of course the question pertains to some dragged-everywhere toy whose location I have no idea about.
Some recent pics ...





2 comments:
awww....
awww to all of it... to the crawling, to the talking, to the pictures... not so much the fetish.. but, yeah, a little bit... aww to the fingers in the mouth!!
oh.. and i'm going to do the ANZAC bicky thing... good one!!
Post a Comment