Wednesday, 27 February 2008

Just had to share!

This happened this morning. Euey still doesn't like to get himself dressed so I hold the pants and he puts his legs in ...

And these are other little tidbits I've written down along the way:

14/1/08
Euey can draw nearly full circles. He will now lie/sit and draw for 15 mins or more.
Euey from inside the washing basket: “Let me out”
G: “Okay, I’m coming.”
E: “Don’t let me out!”

1/2/08
Euey staring intently at a jelly baby: “Hey, what are you looking at?”

12/2/08
Euey was fiddling with his and Aoife’s water bottles. He burst into tears and it sounded like he was saying ‘I wanna be Manny’. After I clarified that he actually was saying ‘I wanna be Manny’, I asked him to stop crying and show me what he meant. He attempted to hold one water bottle in either side of his mouth – like tusks. He really did want to be Manny (the Mammoth from Ice Age)! I directed him to two pencils, much lighter and easier to hold in the mouth, and he was all smiles.

20/2/08, 11:20pm
Euey in his sleep:
‘ahhyaga … I’m hiding scerbuh … I’m not a girl!’

21/2/08
G: It’s hot in here.
E: It’s not hot in here, it’s morning in here.

Euey remembers everything I say and uses it. Examples:
Looking up from dinner: ‘Come on guys, let’s go childcare’
As we drive out of the driveway: ‘Let’s go babyos!’

24/2/08
At the farm:
Spontaneously to the tractor driver who drove us around: ‘Thank you sooo much’
To every animal he saw: ‘Hello, I’m Euey. What you doing?’
Chasing the guinea pigs trying to catch them: ‘Don’t go away, I love you’

This week Euey has really taken a leap in his speech development. He sounds like an adult. He’s been speaking in sentences for months now, but I think what has changed is the intonation. Today when we got home from the farm Will asked Euey what he saw and what he did, Euey responded:
‘I see horse and I ride a horse. I ride a tractor. I ride a train. I see chickens.’
It wasn’t what he said that made it so adult, it was the fact that he listed all those things without prompting and he said it with the intonation of a list (with the end of the word drawn out while you thing of the next thing).

And an update on Aoife:

She is still such a little delight. She squeals and giggles her way through life, following her big brother all the way. She says no, Mama, more (sounds like Mama but is used more often), Dada (her most common word) and Dat Dat (usually accompanied by a point and meaning I want that, what is that, take me there, give me that etc etc).

She loves shoes, hats and music, in that order. The love of shoes has been with us for a while and has now developed into a love on anything footsy. She points at feet in books, then at her own feet. She goes and gets shoes or socks of any variety or size, hands them to a capable adult then sits in front of you and holds one foot in the air. She also loves this song, which combines two of her loves, feet and music ... (please excuse the singing)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh georgie... i loved it. loved it all! ALL OF IT!!!

got to wonder though... where did aoifes love of shoes come from?? wonder if her "love" of all things "footsie" will develop into an appreciation of round toed socks and flipflops?? (not worn together of course!)