Tuesday, 1 April 2008

Introducing Nano

Here is our new addition. Currently she/he has been cooked for 8 weeks and 4 days. Due on Nov 7th. We've decided to have a surprise gender this time (meaning we won't find out, not 'surprise, your baby is neither male nor female but a whole new gender'!). Hence the gender-neutral name 'Nano'.

Dad is doing well, Aoife and Euey have no idea what's going on - although Euey will sometimes respond to the question 'What's in Mummy's tummy?' with 'a baby'. That's mainly because he thinks (due to Will) that Mummy ate a baby. Mum is not doing too badly. Feeling a bit sick most days. Fat and starch seem to alleviate this feeling, so the delivery may not shed all the weight put on! It doesn't help that Maccas is just around the corner and I have to drive past it every time I go anywhere.

His/her head is on the lower right and legs in top left.

3 comments:

Bon said...

wheee!

i think a whole new surprise gender might be a little disconcerting, yes.

Nano is a very fine looking fetus. or embryo. whatever. cute, in any case.

Anonymous said...

can i just say that i love that you used the word maccas in this post. i have not heard that word in such a long long time...

nano is also very exciting... and given that neither bean or dot stuck, i don't feel too concerned that you've also named this lil guy... in fact if you put a "k" at the beginning of nano and called "it" knano, you could keep the name when the baby comes... the silent k would fit with the whole "e" for euey, "a" for aoife confusion your children will face when learning how to "sound out" words and spell their names...

congratulaions again!!

oh, and i just want to add that i love it when you're studying - so many more photos and videos and blogposts for our viewing pleasure... procrastination is highly underappreciated i feel!

George said...

In my defense, it is the fact that I'm at the computer so much when I'm studying, not the need to procrastinate, that means more photos. When I'm not studying sometimes I don't look at the computer all day.