Thursday, 19 June 2008

Euey's 3rd Birthday

All was well and good. Euey had greeted everyone personally at the door - running there as soon as he heard the door bell, screaming 'let's see who it is', and patting all the girls on the cheek as they entered. The kids had searched the house as a group, led by Will, and found the hidden treasure. It was dolled out without a single tear, everyone getting what they wanted. There were balloons galore and lots of bubbles. Then there was lunch. Honey Joys, Muffins and other goodies (cheese and smoked salmon for the more discerning eaters) and a bowl of lollies that Euey and Rose got their hands on and totally devoured. Then, there was the lion ...

Shh, I said on bent knee, there's a lion asleep on Euey's bed. He's really friendly, let's go and say hello, I said conspiratorially, and started creeping toward Euey's room, kids in tow. In all the confusion and chaos I didn't suspect that the sight of Will hidden underneath a full-body lion costume would reduce over 1/2 the party to fearful screams and tears. Stupid of me? Yeah, probably, but you know what, even if you'd told me that the kids would all cry, there's no way I would have expected all the adults to kill themselves laughing at the kids crying! It was very entertaining, in a car-crash sort of way.

After everyone had calmed down a bit we calmed frayed nerves with the cake ...


And I'm afraid that is the only photo of the day we have. We have video, so if I figure out how to get stills off it or a snippet of the actual video I'll put it up.

No comments: