Sunday, 7 September 2008

Father's Day, updates and Aug pics

Okay, I've been harangued for some news - in fact I was slandered, renamed 'Bubba Outdates' - so I've decided to do something about it. You would think, being Father's Day down here that I would liven the place with some Daddy images - but we've been out all day and I forgot my camera / phone. I will add a few pics though, some Aug ones and the two photos that the kids got put onto canvas to give Dad today. Before that I'll update the outdated.

I guess most of you would know by now that I'm pregnant again. This time we were a little more wary of announcing the news to the world, but as we are now 12 weeks and we've (read 'I've') been pretty bad secret-keepers so far it may as well be announced. We've had a couple of scans and doc visits already cause my doc is amazingly reassuring and knows how stressed I've been. The last time was at emergency about a week ago because my morning sickness suddenly went away and we had a little panic attack. We had a look and little Speck* did a big kick and let us know she/he was doing fine in there. The scans so far have been on my doc's little machine and the pics aren't that clear so I won't post them. We have a real scan on a big machine on Tues, so I'll get a good photo of Speck up here soon after.

* For those of you who don't know (probably no-one) we always give our fetuses non-genderised names; Bean, Dot, Nano and now Speck.

In other news, the Winter has stricken us with illness after petty little illness and I'm glad Spring is finally beginning to show her face. We had a lovely (sunny) day today at the Werribee Plains Zoo, safariing through the giraffes and rhinos, walking the hippo boardwalk, viewing a lion from a distance and watching the cheetah stalk up and down the (obviously one-way) glass about 1/2 a foot from our faces. It rained a little but wasn't that cold and all in all it was a great day out (although I think my Dad would have preferred to stay home with the new fishing rod we gave him. Can't blame him really, after all, it was a 12 foot collapsible surf rod).

Admin law is not that easy and I've been feeling nauseous for most of the semester so Uni hasn't been going all that well. Hopefully should get easier now that the weather is better, the kids (hopefully) will finally get rid of their colds etc and my morning sickness has settled into afternoon, rather than all day, sickness.

Will's business has settled into a good little routine meaning he is rarely home later than 5 and can often have an afternoon off a week.

Aoife is talking a mile a minute and some of Euey's sentences are now so adult I fall off my chair. They're growing up in other ways too. Euey can now run fast enough that we often can't catch him when we're chasing him 'round the island bench in the kitchen. He can also hop about 3 or 4 hops in a row, understands the concept of letters, (he knows E is for Euey, A for Aoife, M for Mummy, D for Daddy, B for Bubble and G for George), can count to 11, sometimes 15 and can actually use the numbers to count things. Aoife still says 'wookie' for water, but now it is likely to be in the sentence 'this is my wookie', her grammar is really good. She can nearly jump (she does all the action but her feet don't actually leave the floor, which is hilarious), can climb up most ladders at playgrounds, and 1/2 the slides, can go on a 'big' swing without falling off, and copies nearly everything Euey does to perfection. In short they are the world's most amazing kids.
Here are a few photos (mostly from August except the first two which are the ones the kids put on canvas for Dad's day) ...

Aoife's present to Will

Euey's present to Will

The three of them

On Mudgie's bike

Looking for frogs - they asked what the noise was, I said frogs, then they asked where the frogs were and I made the mistake of saying they bury themselves under the ground. We were there for about 1/2 hour looking for them.


Some of Euey ...

At a birthday party with one of his mates from Playgroup

Testing out his new raincoat (if you look closely you can see the 'unicorn horn' he often sports, which on this occasion is rather rain flattened.)

Kicking back in his jarmas with a bottle

Singing for his supper


And some of Aoife ...

When we first put her in a 'big' bed (a trundle, they now share a room, which they love) she tended to fall out a lot and we had to be careful not to step on her when we went to check on them.

Aoife is a BIG fan of food!

Hiding in the washing basket


No comments: