Aoife talks a lot. In the car it is a constant stream and god help Euey or I if we wish to get a word in edgewise. Here is an example from a couple of days ago; she was playing with her toy flip phone ...
Hello Dad. Are you Dad? 'kay. I'm Aoife. Are you at home Dad? I called Dad, Mum. And are you Mum, Mum? This telephone is eating me! Ahh, naughty crocodile, don't eat me!
Whew! It is exhausting listening to her.
There have been a few other rippers lately ...
Aoife (speaking for the Daddy toy tiger): Shh, Daddy will cuddle you. Daddy will stop you crying.
Euey (speaking for the baby toy tiger): I'm not crying.
Aoife: Are you just whinging?
***
Aoife brought me Finn's dummy and I put it out of her reach (saying thank you, of course).
Can I hold it and put it in my mouth Mummy?
No sweetheart, it's Finn's.
Can I hold it?
No sweetheart.
But, what can I do?
***
Charlie and Andy came over tonight to show us their new puppy. When Aoife heard she said We did it, we did it! (Emulating her idol, Dora the Explorer). What did you do? asked Will. We made Charlie come back! (She's also a big fan of her aunt.)
The puppy is a tiny little 9 week old Cavalier x Spoodle, and it is gorgeous. Euey obviously loved it because he asked Charlie (who was holding Finn) Why don't you take our baby home and we'll keep your puppy?
3 comments:
Lovin the stories abd missing you all.....
they sound absolutely hilarious.
are you sure you five don't want to vacation in lovely PEI? ;)
we miss you.
can't wait to be a witness to it all again... too too funny.
miss you!
Post a Comment