It just goes to show, they do as you do, not as you say. Don't cross the road by yourself we say. Only ever with Mummy or Daddy or another adult. Stay away from the road. Today Will had all three kids at the park, 1/2 a block from our house, over one little road. He took Finn and hid behind a tree. The kids, after awhile, looked up from their swinging and noticed he was gone.
Aoife: Where's Daddy?
Euey (in an authoritative tone): He must have gone home. Here, hold my hand. We have to cross the road and look two ways.
Will, when he heard this, watched the two tiny bodies walking toward the scary road and came out from the tree.
Euey thought it was a great joke, but Aoife still looked worried. She looked at Will questioningly and said 'We thought you'd gone home without us'. Will replied 'I'd never leave you alone, I was just tricking' and she smiled and ran over to the slide.
Other quotes:
Euey put 4 sticks in the ground near the tree and said 'It's the trees birthday, it's 4 years old, it's trying to blow out the candles' (it was a windy day today). Oh, said Will, like you. No, I'm three' responded Euey reproachfully.
Would you like me to sing the tree happy birthday? asked Will.
No, said Euey, he doesn't like that song.
Oh, do you?
Yeah, I like it.
...
I'll leave you with the latest sleep quotes. When I am awake at 3:30 in the morning feeding Finn I hear some strange, but very articulate utterings.
Aoife: Put it down! My 'puter! ('puter is what they both call computers. Their only experience of computers is of laptops (my god, they are of the technology age!), so they call their play flip-top phones 'puters)
Euey: But where's the hole?
No comments:
Post a Comment