Thursday, 10 September 2009

Finian

Okay, it's late, way too late to be doing this but I just had a look a few old posts and there are some great records of Euey and Aoife's development, so I think I better jot down what Finn's up to these days.

He is now 6 months old. We didn't celebrate his 1/2 birthday, just noted it and thought 'jesus'! We didn't celebrate the other two at 1/2 birthday either, so he's not missing anything.

He is seriously the cruisiest dude this kid. Nothing phases him. Always smiling, and I mean smiling like his face will crack in half. He giggles like a maniac when you tickle him, he's more ticklish even than Euey (who can hardly stand still if you tell him you're going to tickle him). Aoife has always been a lot more controlled. When I take his clothes off and lift him in the air he cracks up straight away, before I even blow the rasberry on his belly. In fact, all I have to do is look like I'm going to pick him up and say 'do you know you're naked?', and he giggles like mad.

He stopped sleeping from 7am-7pm a couple of months ago, which sucks a bit. I now give him a roll-over feed at around 10 or 11 (tonight maybe 12, damn it's late!) then he usually sleeps through 'til 7ish. Can't really complain huh?

I think he will sit up soon. He has really strong legs and loves bouncing up and down and standing. He sits up if you hold him between your legs, but his balance is still shite. He wants to go all the time though, just go go go, so I think he'll be crawling not long after sitting up.

He does well at childcare, seems to have fun and actively enjoys being with Denise and Tina. Tina is leaving, which really sucks cause she's fantastic, but her replacement, Fatima, seems good too. Tina will stick around as our babysitter. The kids love her and she always cleans the house!

Anyway, I'm going to feed my cruisy dude. He's not allowed to grow up this one. I love my tiny man. Although, I think that at every age, so he can probably just grow up and I'll deal with it. It will be hard this time though, being the last time.

2 comments:

lin said...

as much as i love the updates the use of the word SHITE had me in stitches missin you guys...xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

bring your cruisy dude (and the controlled one and the ticklish one and the big silly one) to the beach for new year... please please please please please...