Do you have random post-its all over your house? I do. It is a memory aid I use. Not sure that it works that well. Reminds me of things, but remembering doesn't seem to be my problem. It's the doing that's hard. For example, picture the following ... 3am, wake up to one of the kids, remember have to ring so-and-so tomorrow, write on post-it and stick on kettle. Sure to see it there. 7am, look at kettle, no time for tea yet, gotta get kids brekkie first. 7:15am, look at kettle, nope, not yet, gotta make kids lunch for childcare, tea will just get cold. 8am, flip kettle on, look at post-it, not 9am yet, can't ring anyone. 9:30am, happen to notice post-it while not making tea. Damn, can't ring now have to finish re-dressing Aoife, feed Finn and hopefully get out the door on time. 8:30pm, kids in bed, flip kettle on. Notice post-it. DAMN, forgot to ring so-and-so.
Anyway, I have a few post-its dotted around at the moment and it struck me the other day that they make for interesting and curious reading sometimes, so I thought I'd start a meme. I think that's what they're called. Where you write something then pass it on to someone (in this case, any one of my few readers please feel free). Post-it poems. Maybe it's been done before, but not by me, so here are a couple I have hanging around right now ...
Red eye
Blue body
Mater's tyre
Blog post
"post-it poems"
Midgies out of compost??
Okay, so some of my post-its actually work.
3 comments:
you know i would normally jump on this... i don't have post its, but i write stuff down on "bits of paper" all the time. if i can actually find any of my "bits of paper" i'll be sure to share :)
umm... how do i write a post it poem? just choose random words from my post its??
Those two were exactly what was written on the post-it. I didn't edit them, just thought they were snipits of language odd enough to label a 'poem'.
Post a Comment