Friday, 29 January 2010

Priorities

Funny how one's priorities develop.

Euey just came into the kitchen saying to Aoife, Put your hands up, or I'll shoot ya'.

Euey, I said calmly, can you please say 'you', not 'ya'.

Put your hands up, or I will shoot you, he says, enunciating each word clearly.

Thank you, that's much better.

Apparently grammar is more important than not shooting people in my world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha!! i remember once when murray got so cross at me when he heard me say fuckin. he started shouting at me and i thought i was in so much trouble for swearing at me but he told me it was "fucking, not fucken"!! whew....

Anonymous said...

Similar in genre to the time I had taken my nephew James (who was all of 2 years old at the time) to the local shopping centre.

I couldn't understand why people were looking at me while he kept pushing his Sesame Street plush toys into the little train carriage he had brought along, repeating over and over again 'shit, shit, shit.........'.

OF COURSE I knew that he was saying 'sit'!

hehehehe SOOOOO very funny :)

Lots of Love..........Patricia XXX

Anonymous said...

im telling ya i don't know where that comes from thats pure irish i'm tellin ya now george............... will speak properly will ya linxxx