Saturday, 13 February 2010

Aoife is 3 ...





Yep, shes 3, going on some scary age with a whole lot of attitude that I thought we wouldn't have to deal with for a while yet.

Aoife's favourite colour has been yellow ever since she could talk (before that it appeared to be green) so this year we decided to have a Yellow Party. Wear yellow, eat yellow, see yellow. We didn't sing Yellow Submarine, but should have, bummer, wish I'd thought of that before now. The Morrisseys were a family of Yellow Super Heros, with fabulous golden-yellow sequined capes - even Finna, which was hilarious! Our guests did us proud and all came in costume. We had a boy and a girl bumble bee, someone wearing a yellow hawaiin skirt and a lot of little'uns in some random yellow clothes - a couple looked like they'd raided their cupboard for everything yellow and put it all on at once, it was awesome! I made banana cupcakes, honey joys, a yellow magical toadstool birthday cake and yellow fairy bread. We had yellow chips, yellow twisties, yellow juice, cups, plates, napkins, tablecloth, balloons, streamers. You name it, it was yellow. Aoife had a ball. Heaps of her presents were even yellow.

Do you know what she said to me the very next morning? In a somewhat put-out tone?
Mummy, why did I have a Yellow Party, when I'm 3 now and my favourite colour is pink, not yellow!

Can't win 'em all I guess. At least we got a few good photos - at least I hope we did, but right now I can only find a couple!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that next day comment is PRICELESS! G that is funny funny FUNNY!:)

Happy b'day to Aoife.....another priceless comment:)

XXX
Pat

Anonymous said...

dude - you've outdone yourself with that cake. nice one!! and i'd like to see some photos of these yellow and gold superhero costumes - i suppose you made them too??