Last night I bribed my child with tv to get him to eat dinner.
"Eat it or I will turn the Simpsons off" I said.
I have been preparing myself to be a parent since I was a child, and let me tell you, dinner in front of the tv and bribing were both very high on my 'not to do' list. This is the reality of parenting, setting high goals and reaching new lows.
I thought we would have a 'no junk food' household 'til the kids were at least 3 or 4, but I didn't realise that would mean I wouldn't get to eat junk, so that went out the window.
I had dreams of my kids not having tasted lollies for years after their birth, but then Easter came when Euey was 9 months old. You can't have your first Easter without getting chocolate all over your face can you?
I thought there would be no point buying millions of pressies at Christmas, just a few good ones would be fine. I was restrained for the first Christmas, but the linen cupboard got completely full the second time round and I had to move the towels out.
I thought I would be totally consistent and give my children attention whenever they asked nicely. I just gave Euey a bottle and asked him to play with Bubble so I could write this post.
I thought my children would go to bed without a fuss because I had taught them that's the way it worked. Huh!
1 comment:
at least you still have your sense of humour??
haha... i'm so sorry... the pain of parenthood is, fast reaching the top of my enterainment list.
on the plus side, by the time i get around to having my kids, you'll be having the last laugh...
Post a Comment