
I've started teaching Euey some letters and today I was shocked enough to decide it is time to brag. I started a few weeks ago with his building blocks. I told him D is for Dada, M is for Mama and B is for Bubble and Bubba. It only took him a few days before he could find the 'Dada' block or would respond to questions like 'Euey, what is M for (holding up the M block)? I'm sure at this age he doesn't really understand what he's doing, he's just learnt to associate the shape with the word, but it is definitely a good party trick! (Or it would be if he didn't say 'Mama' for the D block whenever someone else is around!)
He has made little steps away from the blocks and will now point to the letters on his giant Caterpillar and say the word he's learnt for that letter. He will also ask us to write the letter when he's drawing a picture (by saying the word, not the letter).
Today he was watching Sesame Street and I was (heroically) cleaning the living room. He started saying Dada Dada Dada over and over. I was just responding with the normal 'Dada's at work sweetheart', until I tuned into Sesame Street and realised they were doing the letter D and kept showing big pictures of different Ds. Wow, what a genius! He was proud as punch when I realised what he was doing and told him how clever he was.
He has made little steps away from the blocks and will now point to the letters on his giant Caterpillar and say the word he's learnt for that letter. He will also ask us to write the letter when he's drawing a picture (by saying the word, not the letter).
Today he was watching Sesame Street and I was (heroically) cleaning the living room. He started saying Dada Dada Dada over and over. I was just responding with the normal 'Dada's at work sweetheart', until I tuned into Sesame Street and realised they were doing the letter D and kept showing big pictures of different Ds. Wow, what a genius! He was proud as punch when I realised what he was doing and told him how clever he was.
2 comments:
george this reminds me of way way back, when laura was a baby and loved barney the purple dinasaur, and the song are good we were teaching her the abc but not to be out done she was saying it in jewish because that was how barney done it we were so shocked, so well done euey and well done mommy
euey is clearly a genius. but then, we suspected that all along. :)
Post a Comment