Thursday, 22 March 2007

Library = books.

It is amazing the concepts a toddler will grasp if it involves something they love. Euey and I have been to the local library together 3 times since he was born. The first was long enough ago that it doesn't count. The second was yesterday. When I asked him if he wanted to go to the library today (a question I was expecting a 'Yes' to because I said it in a tone that suggested fun, not because he necessarily understood) he looked up and said 'Ssyess! Book'.

We went to story time (which involved a lot of parent-involved singing unfortuately) and came home with a book about a Duck with a Truck. Euey was beside himself - a book with a Duck and a Truck! Holey Moley!! (Do you think if I keep saying Holey Moley as a substitute for swearing, and Euey picks it up, people will mind?)

No comments: