Wednesday, 4 April 2007

At the Farm

The kids and I, and my mum, took a trip to Violet Town to visit Aoife's boyfriend, Charlie. Charlie is only 3 weeks younger than Aoife and his mum Anna and I have been friends since we were in Primary School, so it was a pretty special trip. They (and Dan, her husband) live in Adelaide at the moment and it really sucks not having her near and being able to share all this baby stuff with her.
Anyway, we had a ball. Euey especially. He fed ducks and chickens (accompanied by quacks and bwork bworks of course), collected eggs, went for walks and jumped in every puddle - yes, it had rained which was awesome - and then went to see heaps and heaps of sheep in the yards. It was Euey heaven!! Oh, there were also 4 big sheep dogs and a little ball of fluff called Bob. Euey loved Bob, but I don't think the love was returned (except at lunch time when Euey was walking around with a sausage!). When he collected the eggs there was a fake one in each box and he didn't even look at it, just picked up the real egg and moved to the next box. It was amazing.

Thank goodness Mum came, cause it certainly would have been a handful with just me to look after both Euey and Aoife. As usual Mum did most of the Euey-caring and I just had Aoife. Made life very easy!!


Anna and I feeding together.
It was so surreal sitting on that couch feeding together. Mum and Dad met George (Anna's stepmum) when they were 18 and Phil (Anna's dad) not long after, so in that room were 3 generations of great friendship (well, 2 generations and another on the way)
Aoife and Charlie. They were holding hands, but we missed that photo!!
They will get married someday of course, so we can get a hand-holding photo then.

Gen with Aoife and Granny George with Charlie.


Oooh, I luurve him!

But I'm not so keen on her!!! (Or maybe it's just that someone stole my pants).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome awesome photos!! the whole weekend must have been super cool - sharing mummyhood with anna, seeing the "grannies" together with their grandkids (hehehe... have totally come to terms with you being a parent, but still sooooo do not see your folks and grandparents...) and i would have just looooved to see euey on the farm!! it's a shame the hubby couldn't be there with you!!