Friday, 14 August 2009

Aoife's chatter

Following a discussion on how raw meat can have germs, which is why we cook it before we eat it, Aoife let out this monolgue:
We don't eat worms (meaning germs) because worms in our mouth make us sick and Euey had worms and the doctor looked in his mouth and got out the worms and made him better, but I didn't have worms because I wasn't sick, because I eat all my vegetables and I'm strong!

This was a few days after we had taken Euey to emergancy because he had gastro and also a rash, which when described to the nurse at Nurse On Call got the following reaction: I think you should take him to emergancy, that rash sounds like, and I don't want to worry you, but it could be menangitis. Of course, it wasn't menangitis, but when I checked if it would be okay to go to emerg later that day the response was Oh, I would go as soon as possible actually, just gather what you need and go now. Gotta go, don't you?

I do wish I had this on video though because the tilt of the head and emphasis on the but I wasn't sick and I'm strong just don't come across in writing.


This one was today:

A: (looking out the window of the car) I don't like clouds.
E: Mum, why doesn't Aoife like clouds?
G: I don't know, ask Aoife.
E: Aoife, why don't you like clouds?
A: (thinks for a moment, looks up at the sky) I do like clouds, but I don't like clouds up the sky, I like clouds on the road where the cars can drive over them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude. i need one of these everyday. not the menengities scare or rashes or gastro, but the conversations. too too funny.