Saturday, 1 May 2010

Cute, if not concise.

I am constantly faced with great examples of Aoife's love of many many words. This one was just too good to let slide.

Aoife, I asked on the way to childcare, do you want a pink or yellow hairband today?

Simple question one would think. The answer requiring 3 words at most (colour + please with Mum being optional).

I want pink because pink is my favourite colour and yellow used to be my favourite colour but now it's not 'cause I'm three and pink is my favourite colour but when I was two yellow was my favourite colout but it's not now 'cause I'm big so I want a pink hairband please Mama.

(Yes, she often calls me Mama - in a lovely Southern accent too! I think it may come from Abby Cadabby on Sesame Street.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh throw concise out the window.....this is far too cute.

Reminiscent of when I was taking my EXTREMELYYYYYYY exhausted niece back home for a sleep (a couple of weeks ago) before she was up ridiculously early for a plane flight the next morning.

I asked her a little question (can't remember the content but I'm pretty sure it was a yes or no answer), anywho, the car trip was 15min long, and I'm certain there were no full stops in her delirious monologue:)

loved it loved it loved it......she slept oh so well that night:)

XXX

Patricia

n.b I just remembered Aoifes birthday cake saga too, the yellow as opposed to the pink. too funny G!:)

Anonymous said...

i love it. but i'm concerned for her future. if her brothers are anything like my brothers they'll play back her un-concise voice mails for their friends and family and laugh laugh laugh...